Friday, March 26

Is This Sox/Yanks Commercial Funny? Or Just Terrible?

I know I linked to this a few days back....I'm just a little confused by this, I mean, I want it to be funny, I do, but it just doesn't do it for me. I have a hard time getting over how awkward Buchholz looks.

ESPN could have gone so many ways with an opening day Sox vs Yanks skit. Apparently, a number of players must have passed. Think about how good a Dusty and Jeter commercial could have been? Pap and Mo? V-Mart and Posada screaming at each other in Spanish? Ortiz and CC in a cheeseburger eating contest? The possibilities are endless.

Like I said, I want to like this commercial, but it doesn't do much to raise my excitement for opening day. It might also have something to do with the fact that opening day is on Easter Sunday night at 8pm. Not only do I have to listen to the horrible ESPN announcers but we can't even use it as an excuse to call in sick to work or school.

We got the short end of the stick in so many ways on this one.

4 comments:

Soxin10' said...

It starts out bad, real bad. But I like the ending.

How about a commerical with JD Drew and newly acquired Chan Ho Park in a staring contest?

DVicino said...

JD and Chan Ho Park would be priceless. Great call right there.

Joe Murph said...

I was actually pretty impressed with Clay's comedic timing - I think it's safe to say this is funny. And while I would prefer to take Monday off and watch the game, I'll admit there's something about Sunday night baseball.

Anonymous said...

It's not the best I've seen from ESPN, but it's watchable.

I do however think that the combination of Pedroia and anyone else would have worked better.


-R

Custom Search
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation