Sunday, November 21

Lowrie: "I'm an everyday middle infielder"


According to WEEI.com...."I don't think I'm a utility player. I believe that I'm an everyday middle infielder," Lowrie said in a phone interview. "I'm more comfortable in the middle of the field, just because of the experience that I have at those positions. I've played the majority of my professional career at shortstop. I played three years at second base in college, some second in my pro career – probably 50-50 with second base and third base. I'm certainly more comfortable in the middle."


Easy Jed, pump the breaks fella. While I like the confidence, let's not get ahead of ourselves.


I realize you're not going to tell the truth and say "I'm ridiculously injury prone, have strung together all of 15 straight quality games, and my GM hates my guts", but still, the quote sounds a little too diva-like for someone who can't stay on a major league diamond.


Much of this is likely a result of Lowrie's name being floated around in trade talks, but there is no need for what as of right now is clear false advertisement. We all want you to stay healthy and do well, but let's take baby steps.


Winter meetings are on the horizon, my tail is wagging.

No comments:

Custom Search
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation