Tuesday, December 30

Ring in 2009 with Baseball 24/7

Here is another reason to believe my fiance' may call off our wedding before the summer.....the MLB Network. Starting Thursday, the MLB Network, a 24-hour a day baseball channel, will launch into 50 million households. It's the largest cable launch in history, and it appears to be free (for now, until Comcast screws me again).

According to its website, the channel will cover everything from baseball news and trade rumors, show classic games, and provide professional analysis. In addition, they claim... "It (MLB Network)will be on the air 24/7/365, and it gradually will morph into whatever fans dictate that it must be. No other sports cable network is more suited for its subject, given baseball's seemingly endless summers, its incomparable tradition (look for Don Larsen's 1956 World Series perfect game on Opening Night) and its highly active offseasons. It will bring the latest TV technology, marquee talent, energy and passion."

This all sounds good to me, I just hope it doesn't suck and keeps the East Coast bias chugging along....because if I have to sit through Pittsburgh Pirate news before hearing about the Red Sox or AL East, I'm going to change the channel. Baseball 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year....this could be great. For now I'll attempt to keep my potential wedding day on target and phase myself into it.
.... I should also mention that the MLB Network will have to go a long way to tear me away from NESN and Heidi Watney come February/March.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize it was going to be in a basic cable package, hopefully I am 1 of this 50 million. Although I'm sure comcast will find a way to screw me out of it.

Custom Search
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation