Tuesday, April 19

It's Just Dice-K Being Dice-K - You Never Know


As much as I want to be all over the Dice-K train after yesterday's oddly masterful performance, I just can't do it.

Call me pessimistic, but what we've witnessed over these first few weeks of the season is exactly what we get with Dice-K....the unknown.

He's the Tim Wakefield of the Far East; he can either shut a team down, or get shelled by the Pirates over 3 innings. He doesn't make sense, he never will, and trying to forecast his performance is useless.

All the factors or numbers in the world can be thrown out the window with this man...(home/away, opposing lineup, numbers with 4 days rest, numbers with 5 days rest, the weather, if he had 7 or 8 hours of sleep the night before, how many pounds of rice he consumed before the first pitch, etc). None of it matters with Dice-K, and the sooner we accept it, the better off we'll all be.

He could go 20-0 for the rest of the season, and I still wouldn't trust him in a big game....it's just the way it is. You've burned me too many times Dice-K....too many times.

That said, you, along with Jed "if I were on NBA Jam right now I'd be jumping through the rafters on fire" Lowrie, may have put the Sox back on track. And for that, I give you an appreciative nod of my head, and nothing else.

2 comments:

Soxin11' said...

It's only one game and everyone is acting like the Sox are fixed. This team has a long way to go, with or without Daisuke!

DVicino said...

Agreed Soxin11....agreed. Despite the recent run, the facts are the facts, and this team is still 5-10 with a lot of issues to fix.

Let's hope things continue to improve, or else we're in all sorts of trouble.

Custom Search
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation