Sunday, June 6

ITM: Going Around the Horn


The Sox fumbled away a very winnable series ending game in Baltimore this afternoon, but overall, we should be pretty upbeat with their recent play. As the weekend comes to a close and reality gets ready to slap us in the face tomorrow, let's go around the horn:


-I feel like every start Lackey has had this year has been a complete struggle. While I was impressed with his grit today to keep his team in the game and go deep into the game, I'm very much concerned with average stuff (anyone else notice he was only touching 89 or 90 on the gun?)


-Every time I think Manny Delcarmen has finally reached that next level we're all waiting for...he struggles for an extended period of time. Perhaps I should reduce my expectations.


-Despite today's loss, the Sox have still won or split 12 out of their last 15 series

-Boof "you completely forgot about me, didn't you?" Bonzer touched 95mph on the radar gun during a bullpen outing. There, I just wasted 10 seconds of your life.


-I realize he's just a kid, and it's early, but I was surprised to hear that Casey Kelly got his first win of the season in Double A Portland the other day. He's now, 1-3 with a 4.57 ERA. Joe Murph and I were ready to facebook poke the guy after watching him in Ft Myers.


-Apparently Ortiz is fine after taking a fastball off the hand this afternoon.....although he was 0-12 in the series....anyone concerned?


-I remain somewhat surprised with the Sox offense, consider the following: 4th in batting average (.274), 2nd in taters (79), 1st in RBI (304), and 1st in hits (556). Studly?


-Asked what he could add to the lineup upon his return from another lower abdominal issue, center fielder Mike Cameron joked, “Sexiness and color.” I can respect that, now produce for Christ's sake.


Now I gotta get back to screaming at the Celtics, not sure how they can look so good and so bad the same time.

2 comments:

JimJoyce4Prez said...

"sexiness and color"? Well he's got the color part down for sure, and I'd be all for replacing the sexiness with a little bit of pop at the plate.

Tough to be too happy with a team that just broke up a 10 game losing streak by the O's.

DVicino said...

Jimmy...they've won 6 of their last 8 and are playing good baseball. Sure they could have and probably should have won yesterday, but when it's all said and done, considering how bad they started out, you've gotta be pretty happy with their current standing.

Custom Search
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation