Thursday, July 23

Hopelessly Watching


It is difficult to put into words how frustrated I've become with these post all star break Red Sox. Last night's sweep gives Boston a 1-5 record after the break, which has allowed the streaking Yankees to blow right by them in the standings. Given the way the team is playing right now, two games out has never seemed like such a cushy lead.


We're all assuming the Sox will break out of their team-wide hitting slump, I mean, they're too good not to, right? Right?? The fact of the matter is that the Sox are hitting just .192 after the break, the entire lineup is pressing which is leading to more pop ups than Nomah ever hit, and keeping the opposing pitcher's pitch count at efficient levels. And don't even get me started on JD Drew's secret dump of a season he's putting on us right now, that's for another time.


The worst part? It's like a train wreck, you honestly don't want to watch, but as a fan, you have to. My fan confidence levels scary low levels....the Sox went down 3-1 last night and I told the fiance the lead was insurmountable. As a result, she wanted to watch So You Think You Can Dance...."Well it's not 14-1" was my response. It might as well have been.


At some point every season (sometimes at multiple points) it gets to this. I can't stand watching the team I love, but I do it anyways and it drives me absolutely insane. This is what I assume a terrible marriage is like. I've been tempted to change the channel of late, but I won't let myself do it. Today's day off is a needed one...for all of us. Let's hope friendly Fenway wakes this team up a little.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It happens every year. Let's ride it out and hope that the Yanks get cold. All three AL East teams will be there at the end of the year, which means the Sox can't go into a prolonged slump.

It's friendly Fenway for a reason.

Custom Search
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation