Wednesday, March 31

Opening Day Countdown. How Old am I Again?


The picture above is my white board at work...it's a countdown to opening day. I've had it running since returning from Ft Myers a few weeks back.

I had to add in the "until opening day" detail today since a co worker asked if I was really that excited for Easter. Clearly that individual doesn't know me very well, nor is she from Boston. I gave her a pass.

I didn't think twice about doing it, but today I had the memory of being 7 years old and having a "days until Christmas" countdown on a chalkboard in my room.

I'd like to think I've matured past that age, but I'm starting to question it.

Either way, we're so close that I'm already getting pissed off about the idea of an off day on Monday. If we lose opening night that's far too long for me to hear, listen, think and blog about it.
3.05 days, Go Sox.

2 comments:

Soxin10' said...

That's kind of sad, but I respect it.

Lock up Beckett!!!!

DVicino said...

Seems like a 4 year deal for close to 70 mill is nearly there for Beckett....which will result in us having our "big 3" here for a long time. Tough to argue with that logic.

...and yes my ghetto countdown is a sad reality, but a reality nonetheless.

Custom Search
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation